visual studio problem RRS feed

• Question

• User-816043799 posted

First of all,I have to thank you for answer my question's body. I am a Chinese person .I use visual  studio 2008 toolbox . In general label, when  I click the mouse right click,second click "choose item",after about one minute,the studio close. I tried several times,always appear this kind of circumstance.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:16 PM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

The toolbox can often take a very long time to load all of the available tools within Visual Studio (as it has to load all of the components / controls available in any of the available namespaces and assemblies).

I would recommend giving it a bit more time and allowing it to completely load (it can sometimes appear frozen) if that doesn't wworkmtry some of the suggestions mentioned in this Stack Overflow thread:

• Remove any addons that you have running within Visual Studio.
    • Run Visual Studio in Safe Mode (using "devenv.exe /SafeMode" from the command-line) and then adding your items to the toolbox and running Visual Studio as normal afterwards
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:36 AM
  • User71929859 posted

Hello,

Not sure what's going on. But you can try by resetting the Visual Studio settings. My below blog post will help you with that

http://ruchirac.blogspot.com/2012/06/reset-visual-studio-user-settings.html

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:37 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

The toolbox can often take a very long time to load all of the available tools within Visual Studio (as it has to load all of the components / controls available in any of the available namespaces and assemblies).

I would recommend giving it a bit more time and allowing it to completely load (it can sometimes appear frozen) if that doesn't wworkmtry some of the suggestions mentioned in this Stack Overflow thread:

• Remove any addons that you have running within Visual Studio.
    • Run Visual Studio in Safe Mode (using "devenv.exe /SafeMode" from the command-line) and then adding your items to the toolbox and running Visual Studio as normal afterwards
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:36 AM
  • User71929859 posted

Hello,

Not sure what's going on. But you can try by resetting the Visual Studio settings. My below blog post will help you with that

http://ruchirac.blogspot.com/2012/06/reset-visual-studio-user-settings.html

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:37 AM
  • User-1773557065 posted

re install your vs

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:44 AM