none
Incorrect Comments - CTRL + K C

Question

• For some reason my comments have stopped recognising the markup/language when using the shortcut or menu bar buttons.

I highlight the HTML markup and press CTRL + K then C and the comments are always made as /*    */

It's almost like Visual studio doesn't know it's HTML.

I have tried editing the same HTML file on a different PC with the same version of visual studio without any problems.

Does anyone know where I can start looking to fix this?

Thanks

David

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio setup and installation.

As your issue is related to visual studio general question, I help you move this case to  Visual
    Studio general questions

forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me what's the version of your VS?

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Update1 and it works well:

>>I have tried editing the same HTML file on a different PC with the same version of visual studio without any problems.

Since it works well for another machine with same Visual Studio. First I suggest you could restore the settings of your Visual Studio(Tools->Import and Export settings->Reset all settings).

If still no help. I suppose there is something wrong with your Visual Studio. Try to repair your VS and try it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:21 AM
  • Currently having the issue with Community 2015 version 14.0.24720.00 Update 1
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 6:46 PM
  • Hi David,

How about your issue?  Have you tried to restore the settings of Visual Studio.

I checked my version of  VS2015. The version is same to you.

And it works well in my side. So if after reset all settings, still no help. May be something wrong with your Visual Studio. Try to repair your Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:43 AM
  • I have also tried a repair. Also tried to uninstall and re-install.

Could it be something corrupt in my windows profile?

I'm not sure what else I can try...

Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:00 PM
  • Hi David,

>>Could it be something corrupt in my windows profile?

Since you have tired a repair. And on other machine with same VS. It works well.

So in order to validate whether the cause is in your VS. I suggest you'd better to install the VS2013 Community on your machine.

Then try this function "CTRL + K" in VS2013. If still the same issue. I think the problem is probably in your environment on your machine. May be the windows profile.

If it works well in VS2013 Community. I think the cause is still in your Visual Studio.

Since you have tried repair and restore the settings. I suppose there might be something wrong with your Visual Studio.

In this case, please use the   collect.exe  tool to collect the installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder.

Then  upload the file to  https://onedrive.live.com/  and share link here.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 01, 2016 1:59 AM
  • Mystery solved!

I had an old php plugin i'd forgotten about which I think was causing the issue.

Now working and I'm back to commenting out like a demon!

Thanks for your help all the same - and anyone reading this in the future - check your plugins :)

Friday, February 12, 2016 8:18 PM
  • Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the solution here.

If possible, please mark the reply as the answer which is helpful, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, February 15, 2016 1:37 AM