Health Vault Integration using .Net SDK RRS feed

• Question

• We have built an application which stores all kinds of health related information like Blood Glucose,Weight etc.

So now we would like to send this information to Health Vault where all ours patients who have Health Vault Account can view the readings or data there.

So to start with, i noticed that we can do it in Live mode and also Offline Mode. We prefer offline Mode rather than Live because we want to send the information irrespective of the users login. we would like to schedule some kind of job and send data based on that call. 

Can anybody help me in making an authentication call to health vault to verify the user credentials provided by the user and through that get the person id store it etc.

{All that we need to do is if the user has health vault account we store that information some where like the username/Email Id and password in our system and by that we need to get the personid from Health Vault. }

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Friday, September 21, 2012 4:29 PM

Answers

• Bhavani, you're right that at the end of the day you just need to get the HealthVault identifiers you can associate with the user in your database (there will be two, the "person id" and the "record id", both guids). Once you do that, you can make calls using an OfflineWebApplicationConnection object and you're off to the races.

The first step is to make sure that, using the Application Configuration Center (https://config.healthvault-ppe.com/), you set up your application rules for "offline" access. In the properties for your application, look at the tabs across the top for "Offline Rules".

The next step will depend on your existing application, which isn't clear from the above. For example:

* If it's a web site, then you just have to have a button somewhere on your site to "link with healthvault", and then using that button redirect to HV login on a one-time basis. They will login, authorize your app, and on the redirect back to your site you'll be able to capture the identifiers and store them for later.

* If it's a mobile or client application, or if it has no existing patient interface, you'll use different methods.

You can read more about all of this, with details and links, in the technical overview on MSDN here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/jj127438 ... look in particular for the section "Establishing a connection with the user."

Hope that helps!

---S

• Marked as answer by BhavaniY Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:24 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:28 PM

All replies

• Bhavani, you're right that at the end of the day you just need to get the HealthVault identifiers you can associate with the user in your database (there will be two, the "person id" and the "record id", both guids). Once you do that, you can make calls using an OfflineWebApplicationConnection object and you're off to the races.

The first step is to make sure that, using the Application Configuration Center (https://config.healthvault-ppe.com/), you set up your application rules for "offline" access. In the properties for your application, look at the tabs across the top for "Offline Rules".

The next step will depend on your existing application, which isn't clear from the above. For example:

* If it's a web site, then you just have to have a button somewhere on your site to "link with healthvault", and then using that button redirect to HV login on a one-time basis. They will login, authorize your app, and on the redirect back to your site you'll be able to capture the identifiers and store them for later.

* If it's a mobile or client application, or if it has no existing patient interface, you'll use different methods.

You can read more about all of this, with details and links, in the technical overview on MSDN here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/jj127438 ... look in particular for the section "Establishing a connection with the user."

Hope that helps!

---S

• Marked as answer by BhavaniY Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:24 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:28 PM
  • Sean, Thank you.That helped me.

I was able to establish a connection (authentication) to health vault using patient connect.

----->The second thing that i wanted to do is SENDINg DATA to health vault. Now that i have few have their patientid and recordid. i would like to update data to health vault.

What do you think is the best approach to do this. i need some kind of job or something that runs for every say x mins and updates health records of my patients in health vault.

Thank you!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:07 PM