Storyboard RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project with multiple storyboards. Storyboards are triggered by clicking on a small image that expands. How can a user after looking at the expanded image click on the next image and the storyboard goes to the state where no storyboard is open? Otherwise the end of the previous storyboard is still visible and the new one starts and so on.

Friday, March 12, 2010 1:09 PM

Answers

• There are many resources out there about VSM.

I put together a quick video showing one possible way to do it. Please forgive the quality because I just hit record and went on my way :)

http://chuckhays.net/slvids/lightbox/
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:57 PM
  • Sounds like using VSM states would better suit what you want.  If you create a state group with states A, B, C, and "None". In each state, make only the changes you want to appear in that state.  When you transition to each state, it will "undo" the previous state. 

You can trigger the states with a GoToState behavior/action.

Let me know if you need more info.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:40 PM

All replies

• Sounds like using VSM states would better suit what you want.  If you create a state group with states A, B, C, and "None". In each state, make only the changes you want to appear in that state.  When you transition to each state, it will "undo" the previous state. 

You can trigger the states with a GoToState behavior/action.

Let me know if you need more info.
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:40 PM
  • I was hoping for an equivalent to JavaScript lightbox2.

Is something like that possible with VSM?

Are there video tutorials on this subject?

Sunday, March 14, 2010 3:53 PM
  • There are many resources out there about VSM.

I put together a quick video showing one possible way to do it. Please forgive the quality because I just hit record and went on my way :)

http://chuckhays.net/slvids/lightbox/
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:57 PM
  • Thanks Chuck that is pretty cool. There is so much to learn. I did find the auto thumb web 3 that is pretty cool as well and little work. It's really nice to get such support on questions. I never experinced that with macormedia. I will have to really study you video to understand what you did.

Thanks

RD

Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:33 PM
  • Happy to answer more questions.  You are right, the video is a bit dense to catch it all right away.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 12:58 PM