Performance Point popup RRS feed

• Question

• I have some graphs created from Performance Point and what I'd like to do is when the user clicks, a popup window is displayed showing the graph enlarged. I've seen it's possible to popup webparts using javascript, but with the performance point I see no way of doing something similar.

Thanks for any help,

Brian

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, November 16, 2010 6:44 AM PerfPoint q (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Moved by Heidi Tr - MSFT Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:47 PM wrong queue (From:Planning)
    Monday, November 15, 2010 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hello Brian,

There is not an option for a pop up window to be used.  The end users would need to open that chart in a new window themselves.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:03 PM
  • What version are you using?  In PPS 2007 if you click the chart title it will open in a new Window or you can select the option from the dropdown.  In PPS 2010 if you click on the title it simply uses the same page and displays the chart all by itself.  If you want a new Window you have to select the option from the dropdown.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:39 PM

All replies

• Brian,

I know your post has already been moved, but I think it would be more appropriate in one of the following forumns instead, depending on the version of PPS you are using.

PerformancePoint 2007 M&A - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ppsmonitoringandanalytics/threads

SharePoint 2010 Performance Point Services - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint2010

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Rob

Rob Iversen MSX Group http://MSXGroup.com Rob.Iversen@MSXGroup.com
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:43 PM
  • Thanks for your help.

Brian

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Hello Brian,

There is not an option for a pop up window to be used.  The end users would need to open that chart in a new window themselves.

Thanks
    Heidi Tr - MSFT

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:03 PM
  • What version are you using?  In PPS 2007 if you click the chart title it will open in a new Window or you can select the option from the dropdown.  In PPS 2010 if you click on the title it simply uses the same page and displays the chart all by itself.  If you want a new Window you have to select the option from the dropdown.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:39 PM