How to capture file download in Visual Studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I am Aravind.S from Madurai, India and i am currently working on my second version of my web browser named as 'Vortex Surfer Vio'. I have previously released my first version of the same which got awesome response from the public with 100+ downloads. So, I wanted to release my second version to the public and wanted it with some improvements. My first browser did come with a integrated youtube downloader and a integrated download manger. the drawback is that i wasn't able to capture file downloads and asked the users to enter the url of the file and stuff. But i dont want it in the second version. So can anyone help me out with how to capture file downloads and how to capture the url of the specific file that has to be downloaded.

Thanks in advance,

Aravind.S,

C.E.O,
    Vortex Softwares.

Monday, December 29, 2014 11:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• use FileSystemWatcher to capture downloads.
    • Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Monday, December 29, 2014 1:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Youjun Tang Monday, January 5, 2015 9:58 AM
    Monday, December 29, 2014 11:40 AM
  • Thank you Cor Ligthert but I am still a newbie to Windows Desktop Development in VB and it would be greatful to you if you would explain a code or give me a sample.

Aravind.S C.E.O, Vortex Softwares.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:40 AM
  • Just do a search on MSDN for the filesystemwatcher class, I did it for you because there are currently 2.

A sample is on that page.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.filesystemwatcher(v=vs.110).aspx

Be aware it is about what you asked, maybe you mean something else but than it is a complete different question.

Success
    Cor

• Marked as answer by Youjun Tang Monday, January 5, 2015 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:45 AM