none
Erron On Backup

Question

• Hi 

I perform site collection backup i got below Error.

E:\My_folder\backup\...   does not exist or the SharePoint Timer service account does not have permission to read or write to the backup folder. Specify a different directory or ensure that the SharePoint Timer service account has read and write permissions on both the file share and the underlying folder.

How to solve the Error. i want store the Backup file in another server same Domain. how to do ? pls advice here.Urgent

Thanks in Advance.

Thursday, December 07, 2017 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi VirendharKumar,

To troubleshoot the issue, you could check if site collection backup is performed on SharePoint server.

If not, you should open Central administration site on SharePoint Server and perform a site collection backup.

And you also could check if the SharePoint Timer service account has the permission on your backup folder.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, December 08, 2017 3:01 AM
  • Hi VirendharKumar,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, December 09, 2017 9:37 AM