none
How to fill in blank cells with correct data without overwriting the data above it? RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the link to the workbook in question, don't mind the link error it's a false link error and not a problem in the original sheets..

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3327208/Excel/complex.xlsm

Ok, here is what I'm trying to do. In cells B through I on the Jobs List tab, is data imported on a daily basis using the script and the data in the Jobs Data tab. J through N are cells that have formulas in it, or are manually adjusted. Cells AA1:AE1 in Jobs List are what go into J:N. In cells AA1, AC1 are formulas, in AB1 is a conditional formatting, which can't overwrite J, what is in the cells prior to what is above, nor can AE1 replace what is in N, because people leave comments in the cells in N. So I need a formula that will paste what is inAA1:AE1, but not go past the last cell in  I.

I hope this makes sense, if anyone can help it be greatly appreciated. 

Friday, May 18, 2012 7:55 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately we can't agree with you.

Pls share a bit more detail about the steps and logic.

Umm, I have attached the workbook in a link, I have described what am asking for, if you open the workbook, look at the pages in question, read the script attached to said workbook, I believe all would come in a lot more focus. Sorry but I can't be more clear if you don't attempt to actually open the workbook, because what I said in the first post actually does make sense if you have the workbook open.
    • Marked as answer by Matt Ridge Friday, June 1, 2012 12:47 PM
    Saturday, May 19, 2012 3:45 PM

All replies

Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:49 AM
    Answerer

Umm, I have attached the workbook in a link, I have described what am asking for, if you open the workbook, look at the pages in question, read the script attached to said workbook, I believe all would come in a lot more focus. Sorry but I can't be more clear if you don't attempt to actually open the workbook, because what I said in the first post actually does make sense if you have the workbook open.
    • Marked as answer by Matt Ridge Friday, June 1, 2012 12:47 PM
    Saturday, May 19, 2012 3:45 PM