Advanced Search With Custom Properties - Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using MOSS 2007.

I have a custom site column. This column must hold some numerical value, preferably, decimals. While creating the column, I gave the type as 'Number' and the number of decimal values as '1'. I added some documents and filled up the corresponding values for that column. They were like 4.5, 33.1, etc.
    I included this property in the 'Add Property Restrictions' drop down of the 'Advanced search' web part, by modifying its Properties XML. I defined the datatype of this property in the XML as 'decimal'.

In the Advanced Search, when I choose my custom property, the values in the next drop down get populated as 'Equals', 'Does not equal to', 'Greater than', 'Less than'. When I choose 'Equals' or 'Does not equal to' in the drop down and enter some value like 4.5 in the text box and submit, it throws a service error. This is the message:

'Your search cannot be completed because of a service error. Try your search again or contact your administrator for more information.'

If I select 'Greater than' or 'Less than' and submit the search, it is returning the exact results. The problem is only with 'Equals' and 'Does not equal to'.
    Custom property search for 'Text' values is perfect.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:11 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I am facing the same issue.. Is there any workaround for this issue?

Please help

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:17 AM
  • Can anyone give any lead on this?

Thanks,
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 3:04 AM