none
Disable UPNP Listeners on Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry to post this here BUT the networking forums has been "retired" and there are no obvious directions about where to put this kind of question.

Basically I'm developing/testing a UPNP control app.

I suspect that replies to my app are "consumed" by the svchost - which is listening on port 1900.

I can see six listeners, three IPV4 and three IPV6 - these being one for loopback, one for LAN adapter and one for Wireless.

Is there a way to disable this UPNP listening individually on these endpoints?

Thanks

Cap'n

• Moved by Bob Shen Friday, February 22, 2013 7:01 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

No, cannot disable ports individually on endpoints.

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Captain,

I would like to redirect you to appropriate forum for better responses. 

Bob Shen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 22, 2013 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

No, cannot disable ports individually on endpoints.

Regards,
    Christian HL
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:21 AM