Visual Studio 2017 copy file to Linux RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a c++ CMake Project which have more than 70 projects. but there are only several projects for both Windows and Linux platform, when use VS 2017 Linux plugin all files have to copy to Linux box, and I always get below errors

is there a way let VS 2017 not copy all files to Linux, just copy required files, so this will reduce much time.

1> 3:32:19 PM: Copied 4910 files out of 26130...
    1> 3:32:21 PM: Error: Copy of 'xxxx\libxml2\CMakeLists.txt' failed (liblinux.IO.IOException: Channel was closed. ---> liblinux.IO.IOException: Channel was closed. ---> liblinux.Ssh.Common.SshException: Channel was closed.

Maybe I could create another folder which just contain the projects which will compile on Linux, but in this way I have two copy of those files. one for Linux and another for Windows. If VS 2017 has this, then would be better

Thanks,

Tiger

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi dxaw2000,

I am not sure that the VS 2017 Linux plugin have any settings to achieve it, I would suggest that you could connect the author of plugin to ask for help.

In addition, you could also you write a custom plugin to achieve it. for more information about visual studio extension, please refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/extensibility/extending-menus-and-commands

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 5, 2018 2:16 AM