none
Embedded COM Control Not Working Correctly in .Net RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that embeds a control that I presume it was developed in C++
    This control opens images on virtual monitors.

Also, this control has some shortcut keys functionalities.

The first version of this application with the embedded control was developed in VB6

I had to migrate this same application to C#.NET. I already did that.

The problem now is that the shortcut keys are not working with .NET.

Is there something about .NET that prevents this from working? In VB6, I have no problems at all

Thank you!!!

• Edited by CarlosCer Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:58 PM Typo
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi CarlosCer,

What do you mean "the shortcut keys are not working with .NET"? Could you please help me to clarify your issue more?

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. If you mean that your C# application cannot work properly, I think the best consulting place should be Visual C# General forum since your issue is related to C# programming.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Monday, June 29, 2009 7:12 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, July 3, 2009 4:48 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:08 AM

All replies

• I have an application that embeds a control that I presume it was developed in C++
    This control opens images on virtual monitors.
    Also, this control has some shortcut keys functionalities that apply to the virtual monitors.

The first version of this application with the embedded control was developed in VB6
    I had to migrate this same application to C#.NET. I already did that.
    The problem now is that the shortcut keys are not working with .NET.
    Is there something about .NET that prevents this from working? In VB6, I have no problems at all

Thank you!!!

• Merged by YiChun Chen Monday, June 29, 2009 8:01 AM Duplicate
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:43 PM

• Make sure your events code is in the right spot to begin with. 

Private Sub MainForm_KeyPress(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles MyBase.KeyPress

End Sub

To reference events such as a mouse click and Keys use the same code but add the "e" to the front of it.

For keys...   i.e. Chr(vbTab). Convert Tab to it's 0-255 number representation:

(Chr(9)

If that doesn't work copy and paste your code in here so we can get a better Idea of what is you are trying to do.

Friday, June 26, 2009 7:34 PM
  • Hi CarlosCer,

What do you mean "the shortcut keys are not working with .NET"? Could you please help me to clarify your issue more?

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. If you mean that your C# application cannot work properly, I think the best consulting place should be Visual C# General forum since your issue is related to C# programming.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Monday, June 29, 2009 7:12 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, July 3, 2009 4:48 AM
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:08 AM