none
DEVCON64 and HID_VID device RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for the executable command program, Devcon64.   I've seen references to it in other forums, however I see no link to download it from an actual Microsoft website and I'm concerned about it's authenticity.

The reason I am looking for it is because I am using a command line batch file to disable and enable a device on my laptop responsible for sensing the orientation of my screen.  It fails whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode, and has to be disabled and re-enabled from Device Manager.

I wrote a batch file which does this using the DEVCON command.  However, it doesn't seem to fully disable the device unless I use the GUI to do this.  (It does report it is disabled after right clicking it, and on the command line after using the DEVCON command.)  

I'm using 64Bit version 10, and it sounds like I need to try DEVCON64.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.  

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:48 PM

Answers

• Devcon is a public wdk sample. You are free to build a 64 bit version of it. Microsoft does not provide a redistributable, you need to build it on your own.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 4:06 PM