none
Excel opening as read only for one site only

Question

• Hi

We've recently started having Excel documents open as read only, but only on one site and document library.  we all have Full Control to the site.

Whn opening a document i doesn't give you the option to 'Edit Workbook' across the top yellow bar and it's almost like sharepoint is having you download a read only copy of it wen opening.

Yesterday i rebooted a machine and it started working fine again but today it's broke.  So that would lead me toward a profle/caching issue??  I've tried changing the document library setting to open with server default (client app) and also in client app but both produce the same issue.

I've looked at some of the similar posts on here but nobody really has an explanation for it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Friday, November 1, 2013 8:08 AM

All replies

• Lets start by ruling out the obvious, have you any broken permissions on the library, or any workflows or automated processes in place that change permissions?

Friday, November 1, 2013 10:29 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Steve

There's no workflows on the site or doc library and the permissions have remained the same.

What I havenow noticed is that on my machine sharepoint opens excel sheets twice when clicked once!  This applies to 32 and 64bit IE.  I've looked at the manage add ons in IE and enabled the document cache add-on but it isn't there for some other users so I really think this is something to do with our builds but I'm going to reboot sharepoint tonight to see what happens

Friday, November 1, 2013 11:02 AM