none
Windows will not update or let me install Office Professional 2007 or repair windows 7 Ultimate RRS feed

• General discussion

• If I have posted this in the wrong place please just let me know.

Back ground to my issue

About 1 month ago I put in 3 new hard drives in as a software raid 5 array and moved my ssd primary drive over to a different controller on the mother board.

I then noticed that the same 4 windows updates were installing then, when I rebooted the machine it would run a check disk on the drive and once it was back into windows it would say 4 updates available again.

I then tried to upgrade to office professional and it gets about half way and comes up with 1935 error. On looking into this it says I need repair or re-add the .net frame work 2

My problem

If I go to Control Panel->Add/remove Programs and select Windows features the box appear, but is blank

If I try and re-install .net framework 2 it say go to the operating system and add or remove the feature.

If I try and run windows update it errors and the error relates to an incomplete failed update.

If I try and run a windows repair, it say first need to run an update.

I have totally removed and re-added Automatic updates but it still has the same error

I have tried the Microsoft fix it tools and it says it cannot fix the issue for the Automatic updates.

I have manually tried to install windows updates but they keep saying I do need them or already have them

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi STEPHENAD,

From your description, it is related with windows. Please ask in answer forum.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:55 AM