Update a live tile at startup

Question

• Hi, everybody. I have created an app that uses a live tile that updates every 15 minutes, but I want to update the tile at the start-up as well. Any ideas how can I do that. I couldn't find any system trigger that suits the situation. Thank you.
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi giannisdolon,

The start-up you mean here is system start up? You could use background task to update you tile while SessionConnected, you may need ref to this documentation for more information: Supporting your app with background tasks. 

However I don't think there is a start up trigger, the closest one is SessionConnected, you may need this: SystemTriggerType enumeration.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by giannisdolon Saturday, August 16, 2014 4:39 AM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 8:47 AM

All replies

• You posted in the wrong forum ( again ).

This is just for "pure" c# rather than win store apps.

You probably want to book mark the following for further questions:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winappswithcsharp

If you look in your past threads that's where they get moved to..

I think you probably want to consider handling Frameworkelement.Loaded

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.xaml.frameworkelement.loaded

this.Page.Loaded += (sender, e) =>
                {
                    // Do some stuff

};

Hope that helps
    Please don't forget to up vote answers you like or which help you and mark one(s) which answer your question.

• Edited by Andy ONeill Friday, August 15, 2014 8:33 AM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 8:33 AM
  • Hi giannisdolon,

The start-up you mean here is system start up? You could use background task to update you tile while SessionConnected, you may need ref to this documentation for more information: Supporting your app with background tasks. 

However I don't think there is a start up trigger, the closest one is SessionConnected, you may need this: SystemTriggerType enumeration.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by giannisdolon Saturday, August 16, 2014 4:39 AM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 8:47 AM
  • Sorry about posting in wrong form (again), I haven't even noticed. Thanks very much for the answer, I thin this is what I was looking for.
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 4:42 AM