transfer admin/ownership RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts, I have to transfer the admin/ownership to another person..

I have made this person admin here:

Is that it? or should I grant this person any other permission? I checked ssrs configuration manager, and I didnt see any plcae to grant a permission there...

• Edited by maca128 Monday, July 16, 2018 3:24 PM
    Monday, July 16, 2018 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi maca128

According to your description , you want to add someone as manager for the ssrs manager , right ?

If so , you could add the user as administrator on site setting in ssrs manager.

See more details at : Grant user access to a report server

Generally it is enough ,While in most scenarios , manager have to access the ssrs server database  and do some modify. So , it is better to add the user as sysadmin of the ssrs server database .

Hope it can help you .

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Mitarai Queen Wednesday, July 18, 2018 6:28 AM
    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:18 AM
  • Also the reportitem's permission should also be granted.(it would be add after the user been the ssrs manager systemadmin) 

BR,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:37 AM