none
Click Once RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows forms application. It calls an external tool  sitting somewhere on an external directory . 

The external tool has a .exe file and a lot of dlls . It has some subfolders as well . Every file is necessary for this tool to run .

When I create a click once and tried to copy the folder in the project folder to avoid external folder for the tool . i started getting errors that the path is too long since it was copying inside my user profile plus the external folder has many subfolder which is very deep. 

The path goes over 260 characters. 

Is there any solution to it . I cannot change the external folder and its sub folder structure.Third party .

Please give me some advice on how to include that folder within my solution to save the task of copying in some external folder.

Thanks

usher A

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi usher227,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Based on your issue, it is related to clickonce setup and deploy. Since our forum mainly focus on VS IDE issue. I will help you move it to an appropriate forum for better supporting.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 16, 2019 1:58 AM
  • Hi usher227,

This seems to be a limitation of win10. Maybe you can cancel it via the following steps:

1. Open the Start menu and type “regedit.” Launch the application.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem
    3. Right-click the value “LongPathsEnabled” and select Modify.
    4. Change “Value data” from 0 to 1.
    5. Click OK.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:46 AM