Boolean Value SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to pass a boolean value from my .net program calling a report which in turn calls a subreport. My issue is how to pass boolean values.

In my .net app @test is boolean and is set to either TRUE OR FALSE .

@test is a parameter to an SSRS Report depending on the value will show items in a subreport. Since the main report calls a store proc I have to pass the @test to the stored proc but in the query bit excepts only 1 or 0 .When returning back the value how do I set the @test to true or false.

Not sure how I need to go about it.

Repot builder boolean does not understand 1,0

RJ
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:26 PM

Answers

• You can put the code in a Class Library.  Copy the dll to the Visual Studio PrivateAssemblies Folder and a copy in the SQL Server ReportingServices/Bin folder.  

Then under report properties use the option add a reference to the dll assembly.  I assume it is a function of some sort....

In the Code section under report properties or in any other report expression you can call the function like:

Repservername.VB.Extensions.ReportFunction.FUnctionName etc...

You should find it is possible to creat an expression thta passes the paramter to the sub report.

PG A bit of experimentation by trial and error often helps get round problems.
    • Edited by Patrick.Grant01 Friday, November 4, 2011 9:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lola Wang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 5:53 AM
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:05 PM