none
WCF SAP adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating a send port in Administration console and trying  to use WCF SAP adapter in BT 2013 R2. I have installed all the SAP dependency dll's and while trying to configure the SAP adapter i'm getting below error.

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.SAPGInvoker.dll' or one of its dependencies.  is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1) (Microsoft.Adapters.SAP)" 

I did follow the instructions given at below link to install all SAP dependencies but still getting error and not sure what esle would be required to configure? Would anyone be able to please help/suggest as how to configure SAP adapter in BT 2013 r2?

Regards,

Lathaa

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Lathaa

Are you on a 64bit OS?

Review the steps here and you should be fine.

Make sure that you have installed both 32bit and 64bit versions of the BizTalk Adapter Pack. Make sure both versions below are installed.

Also make sure that the 64bit SAP RFC SDK dlls are copied to C:\Windows\System32; and the 32bit SAP RFC SDK dlls are copied to C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Also check if these dlls - msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll are present in both the above folders.

Finally install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package - both 32 and 64 bit versions.

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:15 PM
  • Hi Arindam,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am on 64bit OS and I have installed adapter pack that comes with BT 2013 R2 as shown in your above figure. I have followed the steps from the same link you have specified, but just that i haven't installed  Cumulative update 2 package. I did try downloading and installing this CU2 as well but looks like its unable to install as its asking to locate msi files rather than updating the installation.

have got sap resources from SAP team but not sure if I need to check for any compatibility issues may be? I am really stuck with this and trying to follow the steps but yet stuck. :(

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 3:31 PM
  • Hi Latha

Make sure you have downloaded both 32 and 64 bit SAP dlls from SAP Marketplace-

Then, rigorously ensure the following-

"Also make sure that the 64bit SAP RFC SDK dlls are copied to C:\Windows\System32; and the 32bit SAP RFC SDK dlls are copied to C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Also check if these dlls - msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll are present in both the above folders.

Finally install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package - both 32 and 64 bit versions."

But, having said that, do note the following -

You ideally need to use the SAP .NET Connector and not the RFC SDK since RFC SDK is no longer supported by SAP from April 2016 onwards.

For this you need to install CU2 first - that enables you to use .NET Connector with the WCF-SAP adapter. Copy the CU2 installation files on the local BizTalk machine. Is it asking for BizTalk setup files? If yes, provide the path to the main installer files - maybe some of the dependencies are missing from the original install?

Refer this for configuring WCF-SAP adapter with .NET Connector-

http://www.codit.eu/media/285148/what-to-do-now-that-the-support-for-the-current-sap-adapter-ends_learn-how-to-upgrade_codit-whitepaper.pdf

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 3:49 PM
  • Hi Lathaa,

According to the error message above, firstly you need follow the installation guide to check your procedure.

At the same time you need also make sure that msvcr71.dll have been copied to \System64.

In addition, I'd also like to suggest you to install latest updates for BizTalk 2013 R2.

The following cumulative updates for BizTalk Server and BizTalk Adapter Pack: 

Have a good day.

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Lathaa Wednesday, May 4, 2016 10:12 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2016 6:44 AM
  • Hi Angie,

thanks much for your reply. Yes, i have copied all relevant dll's \System64.. I wasnt able to install the CU2 package as i wasnt sure if thats was required. I'm trying to install the same and will check again. hopefully should work. 

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi Arindam,

thanks again. yes, it did ask for the set up msi files may be and i wasnt sure if i had to point to them. I will try installing the CU2 package and see if it works this time. 

Other SAP dll's have been copied into respective folders. 

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 9:16 AM
  • Hi Arindam/Angie,

Thanks for your all you help/suggestions. I managed to install every update now and looks like I can go ahead with SAP adapter configuration. Thanks again.

I need to create a POC to see if SAP adapter can be used to send/receive IDOC's from/to SAP system from Biztalk. Could anyone help me with simple example what i could go ahead to show this please?  your prompt response is much appreciated. thanks.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 10:16 AM
  • Hi Arindam,

Thanks for your help and guidance. Links suggested are  much useful. 

Thursday, May 5, 2016 10:40 AM
  • Hello,

I have created a project for sending the idoc to SAP system in biztalk following the steps from MSDN link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc185479(v=bts.10).aspx. However while trying to test the application getting below error .I was able to test the application yesterday where the file was picked up and sent to out folder. but today I'm getting below error and not sure what would have gone wrong.  Also, when i generate a instance file from the IDOC schemas generated using Consumer Adapater service then looks like the file flat file generated is not generated correctly. so Not sure if this might as well be causing the below error. Any suggestions please

A message received by adapter "FILE" on receive location "IDOCReceive Location" with URI "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SAPBizTalkServerProject\In\*.txt" is suspended. 
     Error details: There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "SAPBizTalkServerProject.ReceiveIDOC, SAPBizTalkServerProject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50fe3df8658af0a4" Source: "Flat file disassembler" Receive Port: "IDOCReceivePort" URI: "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SAPBizTalkServerProject\In\*.txt" Reason: No Disassemble stage components can recognize the data.   

Friday, May 6, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Hi Latha

This means that the flat file that you are dropping in the location does not match up to the flat-file schema you specified in your Flat File Assembler pipeline component. Make sure that it is of the correct format - matches your flat-file schema.

Thanks Arindam

Friday, May 6, 2016 7:11 PM
  • Hi Arindam, 

Thanks, it's has working now.

Now I'm trying to do the other way i.e. Trying to receive IDOC from SAP system and to do this i have created a one way receive port to receive the IDOC from SAP with WCF-SAP adapter configured and S one way send port to send the received IDOC to somm physical location. I have downloaded the required IDOC schema's using Consumer adapter service wizard . while testing this I'm getting below error .  I have added the 'Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.BiztalkPropertySchema' dll reference in the project.

error:

The adapter "WCF-SAP" raised an error message. Details "System.Exception: Loading property information list by namespace failed or property not found in the list. Verify that the schema is deployed properly. 

Can you please advise anything on this error?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:29 AM
  • Hi Lathaa

Is EnableBizTalkCompatibilityMode set to True in the binding tab of the WCF-SAP adapter config?

Also, make sure you have added 'Microsoft.Adapters.SAP.BiztalkPropertySchema'  as per this. This assembly needs to be added as an application resource.

Restart your Host Instance after the change(s).

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 12:44 PM
  • Hi Arindam,

thanks for your reply. It worked after adding the schema as application reference from admin console. 

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:12 PM