none
Version 11.0.0.0 of Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms missing from references in VS2013 c# application using rdlc RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community

Using VS2013 I built a Windows Forms c# application that also creates reports.

When I go to "references" to add Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms the only version
    returned is version 10.0.0.0

I need version 11.0.0.0 but it is not in references.

The only version in references is 10.0.0 and 9.0.0.0

I ran gacutil.exe on Gac_MSIL on the directory containing Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms and Common and the result stated "successful", I ran ReportViewer.msi and it also stated "sucessful" because the directories I ran gacutil.exe were 11.0.0.0

Even though I ran 11.0.0.0 directories only Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms and Common
    version 10.0.0.0 reside in references and I can't use them.

So the question is how to I put Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms and Common version 11.0.0.0 in references in VS2013 so that I can create rdlc reports?

Thanks
        Shabeaut

• Moved by DotNet Wang Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:52 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 9:38 PM

Answers

• Hello DA924x

I just got back.

Basically I am asking how when Microsoft.ReportViewer in
    references is version 10.0.0.0, how do you make it so that
    Microsoft.ReportViwere version 11.0.0.0 is in references instead?

Thanks
        Shabeaut

https://jetsupport.jetreports.com/hc/en-us/articles/218955218-Error-Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-Microsoft-ReportViewer-WinForms-Version-11-0-0-0-

• Marked as answer by Shabeaut Monday, August 15, 2016 8:58 PM
    Sunday, August 14, 2016 9:59 AM

All replies

• Even though I ran 11.0.0.0 directories only Microsoft.ReportViewer.Winforms and Common
    version 10.0.0.0 reside in references and I can't use them.

Well you remove the reference to the 10 version DLL and set reference to 11 version DLL, it may mean that you browse to the DLL location It may also mean that you change the version of the .NET Framework you are using.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Hi Shabeaut,

Good morning.

Thank you for posting here.

According to your analysis. your issue is related to  Microsoft report controls forum. So I will move the thread to there.

If you have some grammar error, please feel free to contact us. I will try our best provide a

solution

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:25 AM
  • Hello DA924x

I just got back.

Thanks
        Shabeaut

Saturday, August 13, 2016 4:53 PM
  • Hello DA924x

I just got back.

Thanks
        Shabeaut

https://jetsupport.jetreports.com/hc/en-us/articles/218955218-Error-Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-Microsoft-ReportViewer-WinForms-Version-11-0-0-0-

• Marked as answer by Shabeaut Monday, August 15, 2016 8:58 PM
    Sunday, August 14, 2016 9:59 AM
  • I remember doing something like the link you displayed and reloading the toolbox but I don't know if it will effect the "References".

I discovered one project in my solution that somehow had version 11.0.0.0 and I am using that project for all of my reports.

I will come back to how to install version 11.0.0.0 at a later date.

Thank you
        Shabeaut

Monday, August 15, 2016 8:58 PM
  • I remember doing something like the link you displayed and reloading the toolbox but I don't know if it will effect the "References".

I discovered one project in my solution that somehow had version 11.0.0.0 and I am using that project for all of my reports.

I will come back to how to install version 11.0.0.0 at a later date.

Thank you
        Shabeaut

It will affect the project reference if you tell the VS project to use the referenced DLL, the particular version of the DLL.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 1:39 AM