Can not debug to device - adb shell getprop fails RRS feed

• Question

• User387183 posted

Hello everybody,

I set up a week ago a virtual machine for developing with Xamarin. I am trying to connect to my physical android device, but I am failing. The device does not shows up to the device list in visual studio. I can connect to the device via adb etc., but when I run "adb shell getprop", adb can not finish the task. There comes no output. In the Xamarin DIsgnostic Visual Studio also runs this command. I think, thats the cause why it does not shows up in the device list, because the command fails.

Can anyone help me?

Additional Information: I connect via an virtual network to my device. Communication works. Also: When I add grep to the command "adb shell getprop", it works. Example: adb shell getprop | grep adb (works with anything else than "adb")

Ps. sorry for my bad english

(I dont know why there are two post now...)

Saturday, July 13, 2019 3:23 PM

All replies

• User379860 posted

Which kind of virtual machine do you use? Based on you description, this issue could be related to the settings about virtual machine, If you use VMware, you can refer to this link to enable USB settings. https://thebackroomtech.com/2019/03/19/attach-a-usb-device-to-a-virtual-machine-in-vmware/

Monday, July 15, 2019 8:05 AM