How do I install the Windows Feedback tool without a MSDN subscription?

Question

• All the answers to these questions mention having a MSDN subscription, but what if I don't have one? Does it just mean I can't join the connect program and send feedback that way? (I'll gladly post feedback here in the forums if I have to)
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 04:25:57 +0000, GregW17 wrote:

All the answers to these questions mention having a MSDN subscription, but what if I don't have one? Does it just mean I can't join the connect program and send feedback that way? (I'll gladly post feedback here in the forums if I have to)

http://social.Msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/85d792b4-56f7-444a-9c59-00c013011e73#db1392ff-7cb2-45ac-9839-93d7e06e893a

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    The value of a program is proportional to the weight of its output.

Sunday, September 18, 2011 5:43 AM
  • I do not have an MSDN subscription but managed to install the Feedback Tool. However when I start it, it says "Please install the Live ID Sign in Assistant". Even installing Sign In Assistant 6.5 doesn't help.

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:17 PM
  • I do not have an MSDN subscription but managed to install the Feedback Tool. However when I start it, it says "Please install the Live ID Sign in Assistant". Even installing Sign In Assistant 6.5 doesn't help.

Is the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant servic running in Windows 8? This Service is now part of Windows 8.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:27 PM
  • Yes it's running and that's what I thought initially. There would be no need to install the Sign In Assistant because a newer version would be part of Windows 8. So I first ran the Feedback tool without installing the Sign in Assistant from the web and checked the Live ID service was running in Services.msc but it still told me to install the Live ID Sign in Assistant so I installed version 6.5 from the web and it still tell me that. Maybe at the moment, only MSDN accounts are allowed to submit feedback using the Feedback tool and during the beta anyone can send feedback? Is it so?
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:02 AM