none
Actual Cost values not the same in Project Professional and Project Web Access RRS feed

• Question

• For a normal detail task, using PSI, i update its Actual Work and Actual Cost for one particular project using PSI. When i cross check in the project to see values by opening the same project from Project Professional, only Actual Work values seem to get reflected, not the Actual Cost value. But when i see Actual Cost value for that project from Project Web Access (PWA), i can see the update Actual Cost value. I need to know why does the Actual Cost Value NOT reflect in the Professional, although from PWA i can see the updated value. This gain is very urgent.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, October 4, 2010 1:30 PM

Answers

• Rayees:

Firstly, I'm moving this to the developer group so that the correct eyes look at it. Next, I'm wondering what you're trying to do with Actual Cost. Actual Cost is a calculated field in Project, and updating actual work should update actual cost for you. Perhaps you're breaking something by updating this directly. Also, when you change values that Project doesn't expect you to change, you need to set the project as Externally edited, otherwise the Project client doesn't know that it has to rebuild the binary record for the project and may continue to show incorrect data. While you may see the correct values in the database, it doesn't mean that Project, itself, is aware of the data.

Anyway, I'm not a developer, so I can't give you the absolute correct answer.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 11:57 AM

All replies