Meeting Request Form Region with Command Button RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!  I am trying to modify the Meeting Request page on Outlook 2007.  Whenever someone schedules a meeting and it's time to pick rooms, they are blindly selecting a few of over 50 rooms, hoping it will be open and not knowing the capacity of each room.  I would like to create a form region that asks the user how many people will be using the room and which city they are from (the database contains rooms from multiple locations of the company).  I want to then be able to click a button that will then give me options of rooms to chose from based on this information.  If possible, I would like this list to only contain rooms that are open during the time period they need the room.  I have done a lot of research online and have found little to help me with an approach to this problem.  I downloaded Visual Studio 2010 and I understand how to make the form region on Outlook, but I am unsure how to code it.  When I did a test, I couldn't seem to get the command button to do anything when it was clicked on.  Any suggestions or sample code of a similar project would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Krista

Friday, June 15, 2012 11:48 AM

Answers

• May be this video helps you to build the FormRegion. There are also some related links.

• Marked as answer by kristakay Friday, June 15, 2012 2:25 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 12:15 PM

All replies

• when you designed this form region did you attach to clicn event on that button?

Do you have problems only with coding side or also hwo to retrieve something from outlook?

Friday, June 15, 2012 11:58 AM
  • May be this video helps you to build the FormRegion. There are also some related links.

• Marked as answer by kristakay Friday, June 15, 2012 2:25 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 12:15 PM
  • When I created the form region I had two text boxes and one command button.  I wanted the button the read information that was entered into the two text boxes and from that give me some sort of message.  I wrote a code that should either give me the names of some rooms or an error message, but when I press the button I get nothing and I can't understand why.

Also, I understand how to create the form region, it's just the coding I am having trouble with.

• Edited by kristakay Friday, June 15, 2012 12:25 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2012 12:24 PM
  • Thank you so much for the video! I am watching it now and it is helping me a lot.  I think my problem is that I was trying to use C# because Java is the only language I know and C# is similar to Java, but Basic seems to be so much easier.  I will post again if I still have questions, but for now I think my problem is solved!

Friday, June 15, 2012 12:44 PM