none
WiFi Hot spot in Windows RRS feed

• Question

• When starting one of our devices that has not been Wi-Fi onboarded an AP should start using the WiFiDirectAdvertisementPublisher API. This works successfully in 10.0.14393 and 10.0.16299 but fails in 10.0.17134. In 17134 we get the WFD_GROUP_OWNER_PROFILE coming through as a network profile and this blocks us from starting the AP. In the earlier Windows versions the WFD_GROUP_OWNER_PROFILE is present WLAN Event logs but it gets removed before our app starts. Has there been a change in how WiFi is handled in 10.0.17134 that we need to code against?
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:21 PM

All replies

• hi

please can you clarify which Windows edition you are talking about, Windows 10 IoT Core or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise ?

br
    Andre

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:30 PM
  • Hi

We are using Windows IOT Core

Cheers

Thursday, June 21, 2018 3:04 AM
  • We disable the onboard Wi-Fi adapter and use a "Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0 Network Adapter" compliant adapter during the first boot BTW. 
    Thursday, June 21, 2018 5:59 AM
  • Hello o2know,

I see the issue on 10.0.17134.1:

But after a reboot, it works again.

And in version 10.0.17686.1003, it seems has no such issue.

You can submit this issue via the feedback hub. And try to reboot or use version 17686 if need.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:25 AM
  • Thanks Rita

We had pushed the question to the Feedback Hub but had not had a reply. Thanks for your response, proves we are not going insane. Will look at testing the later build as you have recommended.

Cheers

Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:16 PM
  • hi

We had pushed the question to the Feedback Hub but had not had a reply

that's not the way the Feedback Hub works in comparison with a forum, not every Feedback item will get a reply

br
    Andre

Thursday, June 21, 2018 10:23 PM
  • Thanks Andre
    Friday, June 22, 2018 5:13 AM
  • Same problem here. I have to check, if there are already WiFi profiles available, this is not possible at the Moment, since everytime i get WFD_GROUP_OWNER_PROFILE back, when there is no profile saved. For now i have implemented a Workaround into my code, so i can check, if the available profile has that name. But oh boy, it took me hours to find this issue. Hope that this gets fixed quickly. Interesting is that this problem occured to me since the last build which came out this week (Build 10.0.17134.165).

@o2know can you provide the Feedback hub link to your reported issue, so i can vote for it also.

Sunday, July 15, 2018 11:14 AM