consuming qualys api using biztalk2009 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi we are using biztalk 2009 and trying to consume qualys api (rest).

so currently i could see that using post method we can send request to that api. 

So wanted to know how can we integrate with qualys api using biztalk 2009.I think HTTP adapter can be used in case of post method but it will send the soap request to api.

what if i create a pipeline component which will make the request message data  to 0 byte .will the solution work with this appraoch?

Manish

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:23 PM

Answers

• Try below techNet wiki article ,It will work for Biztalk 2009 as well

invoke-restful-web-services-with-biztalk-server-2010

Or else you can write a .net class which will internally post request to rest api and send a response back .

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:34 PM
  • The simplest method is to create .NET code to call this REST api. Call this code from orchestration or from pipe, whatever you need. 

It is simple to implement the port retry in .NET code. Store config parameters in SSO or in config file.

BTW In .NET code it is easy to deal with empty message and it is always awkward to fight with it in BizTalk ports.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP]

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:48 PM

All replies

• Try below techNet wiki article ,It will work for Biztalk 2009 as well

invoke-restful-web-services-with-biztalk-server-2010

Or else you can write a .net class which will internally post request to rest api and send a response back .

Thanks

Abhishek

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 7:34 PM
  • The simplest method is to create .NET code to call this REST api. Call this code from orchestration or from pipe, whatever you need. 

It is simple to implement the port retry in .NET code. Store config parameters in SSO or in config file.

BTW In .NET code it is easy to deal with empty message and it is always awkward to fight with it in BizTalk ports.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP]

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:48 PM