Unable to see all methods and properties in XMLReaderSettings Class

Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2013 express for windows.

I am trying to validate an XML file with its schema. I am trying to us XMLReaderSettings but when I try to set a validationtype that property is missing.

I have imported the following namespaces;

Imports System Imports System.Xml Imports System.Xml.Schema Imports System.IO

Dim settings as XmlReaderSettings = new XmlReaderSettings()

The following state fails because I can not resolve the ValidationType for the variable settings

settings.ValidationType = ValidationType.Schema

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks

Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:53 AM

Answers

• ValidationType is not a member of XmlReaderSettings in the .Net Framework for Windows Store apps.

Available methods are marked with a green shopping bag in the XmlReaderSettings class documentation and will say something like the following in the individual method's Version Information:

.NET for Windows Store apps

Supported in: Windows 8

ValidationType's Version Information lists only the full .NET Framework and .NET Framework Client Profile, not the .Net fore Windows Store apps profile.

For more information see .NET for Windows Runtime apps
    Saturday, October 25, 2014 2:57 AM
    Owner

All replies

• ValidationType is not a member of XmlReaderSettings in the .Net Framework for Windows Store apps.

Available methods are marked with a green shopping bag in the XmlReaderSettings class documentation and will say something like the following in the individual method's Version Information:

.NET for Windows Store apps

Supported in: Windows 8

ValidationType's Version Information lists only the full .NET Framework and .NET Framework Client Profile, not the .Net fore Windows Store apps profile.

For more information see .NET for Windows Runtime apps
    Saturday, October 25, 2014 2:57 AM
    Owner
  • Rob,

Thanks for the speedy response. I guess I will have to figure out a different method for the validation. But now I understand why those methods/properties were not there. I figured it something to do with the setup and app type that I was building.

Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:10 PM