none
How do I sell my Cortans Skill RRS feed

• Question

• I am about to undertake building my first bot. I would like to monetize it. How do I go about selling it?
    Saturday, March 31, 2018 1:48 AM

All replies

• Bots are designed, presently, to augment apps. There is no official monitization channel. If you do not have an app, then you have a few choices (i.e. selling your own subscriptions, or asking for support through tools like patreon.) Note that restrictive access to a bot may limit the chances of certification.  (Disclaimer: These are my opinions and not the official opinion of my employer.)
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:32 PM
  • So lets say I had a bot that you would ask "Where is the Accidents in San Francisco ?" 

and it would provide a list back to you.... just example

There is no way I could monetize that?

Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:13 PM
  • There isn't a store for voice skills. You could build an accident service that sells subscriptions, and then the skill would auth (log in) to the service to get data.  There are a lot of vendors that provide APIs for selling digital stuff (like subscriptions). They handle payment processing (charges, charge backs, etc) and it is not trivial to build this infrastructure securely.

Note. a Cortana competitor offers a dev rewards program that pays devs for popular skills. We have no such program, and I wouldn't "bet the farm" on this model of monitization.  (Again, my opinions do not represent that of my employer.)

Friday, August 31, 2018 5:07 PM
  • In your expert opinion who are the top 3 vendors in providing API's for selling stuff? 
    Friday, August 31, 2018 6:12 PM
  • I can't have an opinion here :-} Google (Bing) "Digital Goods" and "Digital Marketplace" and you will see a few top 10 lists.  I would try find one that doesn't take a huge transaction fee.  You could check out https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/digital-goods. In essence after a successful purchase you can go get an access token.  Good luck!
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:08 PM