Setting the attribute "tempDirectory" on a per website basis not working! RRS feed

• Question

• User-1075290109 posted

Hello -

I am trying to set the attribute "tempDirectory" on a per website basis.  When I run the following command on website MYSITE_1.0 , I can see the "compilation" section in web config is updated with the new attribute "tempDirectory" and the file path.

CMD = appcmd set config "MYSITE_1.0" -section:compilation -tempDirectory:"<path>\TemporaryFiles\MYSITE_1.0" /COMMIT:MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/MYSITE_1.0

However, the temp files are not written to the directory above, even after a reboot of the MYSITE_1.0 website.  Any thoughts?

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:13 PM

Answers

• User-1075290109 posted

Thansk for the response!  I stopped both the website and the associated Application Pool which seemed to help!  Problem solved!

Cheers

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:26 AM

All replies

• User-1454326058 posted

Hi gmcollins,

Thanks for your post!

I can see the "compilation" section in web config is updated with the new attribute "tempDirectory" and the file path.

Whether the value of tempDirectory is \TemporaryFiles\MYSITE_1.0 in the web.config file?

Based on my test, the value of tempDirectory should be a absolute path. (We will get this error The 'tempDirectory' attribute must be set to a valid absolute path if we set the error path, such as tempDirectory="TemporaryFiles")

So, if the value of tempDirectory is \TemporaryFiles\MYSITE_1.0, please check whether it's in C:\\TemporaryFiles\MYSITE_1.0. (C dise is my System disc)

On the other hand, please check whether it's still in the default path. (%FrameworkInstallLocation%\ Temporary ASP.NET)

Thanks

Best Regards

Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:37 AM
  • User-1075290109 posted

Thansk for the response!  I stopped both the website and the associated Application Pool which seemed to help!  Problem solved!

Cheers

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:26 AM