none
rgdal issue with Azure ML RRS feed

• Question

• Posting on behalf of Nicolas (odiseo1982@gmail.com):

“Within the Execute R Script module, I loaded the rgdal package, which is preinstaled in Azure ML Studio according to documentation, through the command library(rgdal). When I do this, the Result Dataset output from the Execute R Script module stops working. Every time, it shows a blank data frame (0 rows, 0 columns). If I don't load rgdal, everything Works fine. Please validate my analysis.”

Monday, June 22, 2015 10:53 PM

Answers

• Verified Nicolas!

Thanks for the heads up - this is a BUG on our part and I've filed a defect that we'll follow up on. It appears to be an internal sandbox-related issue that would be difficult to work around, apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

AK

Monday, June 22, 2015 11:28 PM

All replies

• Verified Nicolas!

Thanks for the heads up - this is a BUG on our part and I've filed a defect that we'll follow up on. It appears to be an internal sandbox-related issue that would be difficult to work around, apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

AK

Monday, June 22, 2015 11:28 PM
  • Hello,

I would like to ask about the same issue, which is still present in Azure ML.

When I try to load the pre-installed 'rgdal' package, session stops with exit code 0. I even tried to load the latest version but it stops the same way.

I added a question about it, too:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6eaec088-7f6d-4a76-a2cf-091b8c71a02c/error-with-raster-package?forum=MachineLearning 

It would be very important to solve this bug. Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regards,

Gábor

Friday, March 31, 2017 11:28 AM
  • Yes this is preventing us from doing some stuff in R with spatial data.
    Friday, June 23, 2017 9:41 PM