How to access database which is in skydrive and its contents?

Question

• I have a database in my skydrive account. Now I want to access that database in my window 8 app. i want to use the contents of database in my app. But don't know how it will accessible. I want to bind the contents of that database in a list and want to show them in my window 8 app.

I have successfully login in my skydrive account. But don't know how to access the database contents in a list.

Following is the code through which I am login in my skydrive account, but now what I should do to get the database content in a list?

LiveLoginResult authResult = await authClient.LoginAsync(new List<string>() { "wl.signin", "wl.basic", "wl.skydrive_update" });
    if (authResult.Status == LiveConnectSessionStatus.Connected)
    {
        App.MainViewModel.IsUploaded = true;
        App.MainViewModel.IsVisible = Visibility.Visible;
        App.Session = authResult.Session;
        LoadData();
    }

Can anyone help me, how I can do it ?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:32 AM

Answers

• What sort of database do you have?

Typically you would connect to a remote database via a web service. If it's a database file (such as a SQLite database) then you'd need to download it into your local app data directory and use it from there.

--Rob

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:42 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

There are lost of samples in the sample gallery you can refer to:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/site/search?f%5B0%5D.Type=SearchText&f%5B0%5D.Value=skydrive

And for more information about how to read and write data into skyDrive you should go to the forum below to get more professional help:

Windows Live Developer Forums.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:44 AM

All replies

• What sort of database do you have?

Typically you would connect to a remote database via a web service. If it's a database file (such as a SQLite database) then you'd need to download it into your local app data directory and use it from there.

--Rob

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:42 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

There are lost of samples in the sample gallery you can refer to:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/site/search?f%5B0%5D.Type=SearchText&f%5B0%5D.Value=skydrive

And for more information about how to read and write data into skyDrive you should go to the forum below to get more professional help:

Windows Live Developer Forums.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:44 AM