401 Unauthorized when calling a Web Service through SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a SSIS package that needs to call a webservice but I am receiving an error message containing "401 Unauthorized" when the package runs.   

I opened the HTTP Connection Manager Editor and checled the credentials and then pressed the "Test Connection" button.  When I press this button I get "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."   If I navigate to the web service URI using IE and the same credentials I am able to see the service description.  Any idea what else I should check to resolve this problem?

Joel Ivory Johnson
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 3:04 PM

Answers

• Just found my problem.  During the course of my testing my domain accounts became locked. I was still able to perform tasks inother  applications in which authentication had already occurred but not from SSIS.  After the accounts were unlocked things worked as expected. 

Thanks for the prompt response. 

Joel Ivory Johnson
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 3:27 PM

All replies

• in SSIS you are using the WebService task or a Script task to call the webservice?
    regards,
    Pedro
    Visit http://www.pedrocgd.blogspot.com - If your question is answered, please mark as answered.
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 3:19 PM
  • Just found my problem.  During the course of my testing my domain accounts became locked. I was still able to perform tasks inother  applications in which authentication had already occurred but not from SSIS.  After the accounts were unlocked things worked as expected. 

Thanks for the prompt response. 

Joel Ivory Johnson
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 3:27 PM