Azure DevOps - Office Integration Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to use Excel to refresh and publish items to Azure DevOps but am continously having the same error message appear "TF84033: Unable to modify the list.  It is likely that this is caused by data in the worksheet that cannot be moved.  Correct the problem and try again."

Interestingly enough, this is on a new laptop with a different version of Windows 10 and Office365 installed.  My old laptop works with no errors.  See below for differences in software:

New Laptop:
      Edition:  Windows 10 Enterprise 
      Version:  1809
      OS Build:  17763.134
    Office 365 ProPlus (Version 16.0.10228.20072)
    Team Foundation Server Office Integration 2017 Update 9 (Version 15.129.28308.1)

Old Laptop: (no errors when using Excel to update DevOps)
      Edition:  Windows 10 Enterprise
      Version:  1607
      OS Build:  14393.2485
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 (Version 16.0.4266.1001)
    Team Foundation Server Office Integration 2017 (Version 15.123.27129.2)

I understand that the Office Integration tool is not the same version but i can't afford to update it on my old laptop as it's the only way to refresh DevOps, which involves 50% of my job functions.

Monday, March 25, 2019 2:16 PM

Answers

• After updating Office365 to a newer version and rebooting, I opened excel only to find that the Team Foundation Add-in would continuously be disabled.  No amount of enabling it from registry editor nor the Add-ins section of Excel would automatically enable it.  

Instead of having to take the time to enable it each time, I went ahead and installed Team Foundation Server office Integration 2019 RC and uninstalled 2017.  After a reboot, I started Excel back up and not only was I able to see the Team tab in the ribbon, I was able to refresh the query without getting an error message.

• Marked as answer by IAScrumMaster Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:32 PM

All replies

• This forum is for Azure Stack, a Hybrid Cloud Platform that lets you use Azure services from your datacenter. It looks like you are looking for assistance with Azure Devops. Azure Devops is primarily supported in StackOverflow using the azure-devops tag. Your best bet is to post your question there for assistance. 
    Monday, March 25, 2019 9:21 PM
  • After updating Office365 to a newer version and rebooting, I opened excel only to find that the Team Foundation Add-in would continuously be disabled.  No amount of enabling it from registry editor nor the Add-ins section of Excel would automatically enable it.  

Instead of having to take the time to enable it each time, I went ahead and installed Team Foundation Server office Integration 2019 RC and uninstalled 2017.  After a reboot, I started Excel back up and not only was I able to see the Team tab in the ribbon, I was able to refresh the query without getting an error message.

• Marked as answer by IAScrumMaster Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:32 PM