none
How do I send out a Custom Outlook Form to a selected group of users? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created an Outlook form and it has been published in the Organizational Forms Library. We are using Outlook 2007.

Now that it is published, I can't figure out how to send out the form to a selected group of users. It seems to me that I first have to design the form with those users already in the To box. But that doesn't really make sense.

I could display the To box, but then it would appear on the form itself, which we don't want.

This form will be sent out a few times to different groups of users. What is the best way to send the form out?

Thank you.

~J

Friday, October 25, 2013 3:47 PM

Answers

• Just create distribution lists in the Exchange GAL for the various groups, then address the form to the appropriate DL.

If you don't want to have users or code actually select which DL to send to, create different versions of the form, each addressed to one of the DL's. Users will have to select which form to send, or some code will have to do that.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

• Marked as answer by Jenna_Fire Monday, October 28, 2013 8:51 PM
    Friday, October 25, 2013 8:43 PM
  • You could do that, or you could just have users select what DL to use when sending. That's up to you. I wouldn't want to rely on a DL with about 1700 members though, even if 1000 may not be a hard limit.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:04 PM

All replies

• Just create distribution lists in the Exchange GAL for the various groups, then address the form to the appropriate DL.

If you don't want to have users or code actually select which DL to send to, create different versions of the form, each addressed to one of the DL's. Users will have to select which form to send, or some code will have to do that.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, October 25, 2013 8:43 PM
  • Ken,

I really appreciate you responding to me.  This is very helpful.

Just to be 100% clear. I should create a distribution list, save it as part of the form, and then send out that form? 

One issue that I'm afraid might occur is that we are sending out this form to about 1,700 people. From a little research I did, it looks like there may be a 1,000 people limit. Is that true? But I guess I could split up the list and have two forms.

Does that make sense?

Thank you.

~j

Monday, October 28, 2013 3:28 PM
  • You could do that, or you could just have users select what DL to use when sending. That's up to you. I wouldn't want to rely on a DL with about 1700 members though, even if 1000 may not be a hard limit.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Monday, October 28, 2013 5:04 PM
  • Thank you.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 8:51 PM