none
VS2015 is quirky when I am working on SSIS packages

Question

• I am working with VS2015 trying to develop some SSIS packages but VS is, to say the least, performing in some strange/quirky ways. For instance, when I click on a component (e.g. a Script Task) in order to edit it, focus is set to the component but my view of the package jumps to the top of the package. If I am trying to reposition a component (e.g. in order to insert another one between that component and the preceding component) by left clicking on the component and holding the left click, the "shadow component" that I am "gripping" flies all over the package editing space. I also am finding it virtually impossible to resize components (especially the Sequence Containers).Are there settings that I don't know about that can control this or is this just a quirky aspect of VS2015 that I am going to have to live with?

Ralph D. Wilson II, MCTS SQL Server Sr. Data Warehouse Developer

Monday, August 08, 2016 8:47 PM

Answers

• Hi RDWilsonII

>>but my view of the package jumps to the top of the package.

In my side when I drag Script Task to my Package.dtsx[Design], and it get the focus. Then I could edit it.

Here is my operation process.

>>the "shadow component" that I am "gripping" flies all over the package editing space. I also am finding it virtually impossible to resize components (especially the Sequence Containers).

In my side I could insert a component to my Package, and the issue you encountered was not appeared.

Could you please share me some screenshots that could descript your issue.  And here is my operation process.

In addition, in my side, I am using VS2015 Enterprise update3, and the version of SQL Server Integration Service is 13.0.1601.5. Please check your version of SSIS and update to the latest version which could exclude to the compatibility problems between VS2015 and SSIS.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 5:16 AM