[WP8.1][C#]Disable the Copy and Paste option in keyboard [Textbox control] Windows phone App

Question

• In Windows phone 8.1 WRT app, I want to disable the copy and paste option in the keyboard for the textbox control

Please let me know if any possibilities and if you have the code snippets Please share it .

• Edited by Ruthradevi Tuesday, April 28, 2015 12:39 PM
    • Edited by Jamles HezModerator Monday, May 04, 2015 8:27 AM add title tag per: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b479e984-ca39-4b34-a6b7-85194b54d8bd/guide-to-posting-subject-line-tags
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 12:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Ruthradevi,

Looks like currently Clipboard is not available on Windows Phone, I used to consider that we can programmatically remove the clipboard content.

I don't have any suggestion on this issue because currently it looks no way to implement this.

However feedback to our product team via uservoice site is a good option too: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-dev-platform

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 04, 2015 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Ruthradevi,

As I know we have no way to disable the copy and paste option in the keyboard.

Why do you want to disable it, can you explain more about your scenario?  Let's see if we can make a similar function like you required.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:01 PM
  • Hi Jamles,

Thank you .

Actually we need to disable the copy option for the Security Constraint.When never the user taps on the textbox the user should not able to copy the username .This is the scenario we are working on .

Monday, May 04, 2015 7:51 AM
  • Hi Ruthradevi,

Looks like currently Clipboard is not available on Windows Phone, I used to consider that we can programmatically remove the clipboard content.

I don't have any suggestion on this issue because currently it looks no way to implement this.

However feedback to our product team via uservoice site is a good option too: https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-dev-platform

--James

Monday, May 04, 2015 8:41 AM