none
Column 'nvcName' does not belong to table bts_party_sendport. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Trying to delete to an application, getting the error "Column 'nvcName' does not belong to table bts_party_sendport."

Reason is, one of the send ports in this application are listed in Party's aggrement's Send Ports(double click on agreement, Party A -> Party B, Interchange Settings, Send ports, send port is listed on the right). Once I remove the send port from the list, I can delete the application.

Is there a better way to achieve this? like scripted or api etc,again this send port should be added to the agreement again once the application is installed/imported.
    (It is an X12 agreement)

Thanks

Friday, March 16, 2012 5:39 AM

All replies

• I have written a few command line utilities to operate on BizTalk Artifacts.  Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.dll provides an api that may provide a scriptable way of accomplishing this.  I don't have a utility for Parties, but it should be relatively straight forward to develop one.  The sample code snippet below adds an application reference to another application.  With a bit of research you should be able to write something to remove send ports from parties.

NOTE: Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.dll is only supported for 32-bit, so make sure you compile your utilities in 32-bit only mode.

The connection information is read from the registry: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\BizTalk Server\3.0\Administration

static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                try
                {
                    using (BtsCatalogExplorer catalog = new BtsCatalogExplorer())
                    {
                        catalog.ConnectionString = @"Server=myServer;Initial Catalog=myCatalog;Integrated Security=SSPI;";
                        catalog.Applications[args[0]].AddReference(catalog.Applications[args[1]]);
                        catalog.SaveChanges();
                    }
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("Error");
                }
            }

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, March 16, 2012 2:57 PM
  • Thank you David for your response.

Yes, I have written similar scripts before and plan to do the same here if that is only option I have.

I'm trying to see if there is best solution as this could occur to any TPM based solution when application is being deleted. Solution might be, I can call a tool in the script(BtsTask) right before deleting the application and right after deployed/imported to assign the send port in party's agreement.

Since this issue is by design(?), I'm expecting a MS developed tool or third party tool before I develop my own.

Thanks

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:28 PM
  • I don't know of any applications, but if you find one, please post it here.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:55 PM