none
Topics available only in english language RRS feed

• Question

• I uploaded a video to Video Indexer and configured the source language as pt-BR and noticed that the topics is coming only in english and it would be really wonderfull if it's coming in the same language that i have specified in the configuration.
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Sergio,

For a detailed overview and best practices for custom language models, please see Customize a Language model with Video Indexer.

You can use the Video Indexer website to create and edit custom Language models in your account, as described in this documentation. You can also use the API, as described in Customize Language model using APIs.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks for using Azure!

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:57 AM
  • I'm not talking about the language API from Video Indexer, i already know how to use it.

I'm talking about the output from Video Indexer that contains a "topics" field. This field is described here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/video-indexer/video-indexer-output-json-v2#topics

The problem is: even if the detected language is portuguese, the topics come in english language, but i need them to come in the same language as the source video. 

It's probably a bug or something, please help me out on this D:

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

We are aware of this issue.

A fix to topics translation is expected to arrive to VI by end of June.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:07 AM
  • We apologize for the frustration you have encountered with this. The product team is actively working on a resolution and is estimated to be rolled out by the end of June, as highlighted by lkabarm.

If you still have issues after the above date, please reach out so we can assist you further.

Friday, June 7, 2019 5:12 AM