BizTalk Server 2016 CU2 - receive locations are not working if too much of them are associated with the same host RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After the installation of the CU2 for BizTalk 2016, we have a strange behaviour.

We have a host in charge of receiving messages and there are 950 receive locations enlisted with this host. Even if the host instance is started, and the receive locations enabled, no messages are received.

If we change the host associated with a receive location to enlist it with another host, the receive location works fine.

The difference between the first and the second host is the number of receive locations associated with. There are around 300 receive locations associated with the second host.

Maybe there is a limitation of the number of receive locations that can be associated with the same host? Or maybe we have to change settings on the host to avoid it receiving messages?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:26 AM

All replies

• Refer https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee308915(v=bts.10).aspx for basic principles and practices associated with host configurations.

Specific to your scenario, you may try and reduce the number of receive ports associated with the single host. There are multiple ways of being able to do that such as grouping based on adapters and such. For example, if you have multiple applications accessing the same adapter then associating all the associated receive ports to the same host instance would provide some advantages such as instance isolation, etc.

Regards.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:56 AM
  • Hi Shankycheil,

Thank you for your advice but I already have a lot of hosts configured (multiple receive hosts, multiple send hosts, ...). We have a lot of receive ports and receive locations so I need to deal with that.

The issue I have appeared with the CU2. The CU2 is installed on my test environment and not yet in my production environnement. I have the exact same configuration on the two (in terms of hosts) and it works fine on the PROD and not on the TEST.

This is why I think that this was injected by the CU2.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:51 AM
  • So, as noted, 900 Receive Locations is...well...a lot.  So reducing that outside this problem is something I would recommend.

Anyway...this is why we test, so at least you found this out now.  If you can repro the problem, your best bet is to call PSS.

Have you tried uninstalling CU2?

Thursday, September 21, 2017 1:43 PM