none
Setup uwp offline

Question

• I am trying to setup visual studio to make uwp on a offline computer(well most of the time)

I have installed visual studio community 2015 update 1 use the iso

I have download the sdk on online pc and installed then on the offline computer and yet I still missing stuff to make uwp.

I have do have limited bandwidth over 3G which i am willing to use to register my devices for app development, but not for download files.   

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Dijkstra_

>> yet I still missing stuff to make uwp.

What are you missing? Please tell us the message you get, which can help us know what you are missing.

>>I have do have limited bandwidth over 3G which i am willing to use to register my devices for app development, but not for download files.   

As far as I know, after configure your computer environment for developing UWP apps, there need a little network flow to get an UWP development license and download a Visual Studio license when you login your Visual Studio on your first time open Visual Studio to develop UWP app.

After then, it won't download other files automatically unless you want.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:43 AM
  • Hi

Did you set your machine to development mode?

אלון פליס http://codevalue.net

Thursday, December 17, 2015 11:36 PM
  • Yes i have done that in setting, when I try create a new uwp it wants to download stuff i a;ready have vs 2015 update 1 and the sdks but what else do i need?
    Friday, December 18, 2015 2:18 PM
  • Hi Dijkstra_

>> yet I still missing stuff to make uwp.

What are you missing? Please tell us the message you get, which can help us know what you are missing.

>>I have do have limited bandwidth over 3G which i am willing to use to register my devices for app development, but not for download files.   

As far as I know, after configure your computer environment for developing UWP apps, there need a little network flow to get an UWP development license and download a Visual Studio license when you login your Visual Studio on your first time open Visual Studio to develop UWP app.

After then, it won't download other files automatically unless you want.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Here is what i get when i try to make a uwp and it spends a good half hour to an hour i get this

Saturday, December 19, 2015 1:16 PM
  • Hi Dijkstra_

According to your screenshot, the installation for Windows 10 SDK failed. So you will get the messgage of Install Universal Windows Platform Tools when create UWP apps.

Please download the Windows 10 SDK and install it standalone. After then, please create a UWP app to check whether you still get this message.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, December 21, 2015 3:29 AM