none
Report not rendering correctly within the reportviewer control RRS feed

• Question

• I've come a across some reports that I'm rendering that do not output correctly.  They look fine in VS and export just fine in VS, but when I render them with my app, some cell's data won't show up, or some will show "#Error".  Any ideas on why they render incorrectly in my app, but fine in VS?

You would think it's because I'm passing bad data or something to the report, but I do not believe that to be the case.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:50 PM

All replies

• I've discovered my problem.  First off I should let you know that I'm using RDL, not RDLC.  I am building dynamic row adapter objects at runtime that contains all the fields in my datasets for the report, but I was using the Name attribute defined on the Field node.  Instead, I am now using the value of the DataField node within the Field node as this is what the report viewer control is looking for.  The problem was the case of the text wasn't always the same for the Name attribute and the DataField node so the report viewer control wasn't getting the value for those fields.  (Obviously fields on a class object are case sensitive!)

Here's a snippet from an RDL of what was causing the problem:

Code Snippet

<Field Name="payCode">
              <rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>
              <DataField>PayCode</DataField>
            </Field>

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:24 PM