Address Labels Column Layout RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up an address label report with the ability to allow for a partially used sheet of labels on the first page. I used what I believe to be a fairly standard method of arriving at the first label on the sheet, that is I created a table that has 29 rows that I union with the query that gathers the names to print labels for, so if the first page of the report has 12 labels already used, the record source has 12 empty rows at the top and starts printing with the 13th label. The issue is that the way the report gets the starting position is not quite the same way Access arrives at the starting position. Here is how the user requested the starting position to be determined:

There is a form that asks for the row and column of the first available label. I then take this information and run it through a function that tells me the number of labels already used. Doing this, it is necessary to know if the column layout is down then across or across then down. So, if the first available label is in row 3 and column 2 and the column layout is down then across, there are 12 empty spaces on the sheet. The same starting position with column layout across then down has only 7 empty spaces. I have an option group on the form to specify this, but it needs to match what is chosen in page setup.

My question is simply, is there a way to tell the program what the value of the column layout is so that it knows how to find the correct start position? Thanks for the assistance.

Bob T.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:33 PM

Answers

• You can check the Application.Priner Object's .ItemLayout Property.

The two valid constants are:

acPRHorizontalColumnLayout

and

acPRVerticalColumnLayout

• Marked as answer by robertf670 Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:15 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by robertf670 Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ji.Zhou Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:24 AM
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:18 PM