none
Manual Domain Verification issues

Question

• Hi,

I am adding several SSL certificates to various domains in my account (purchased in Azure). Two of the certs require manual verification.

I have followed the steps and created TXT (DZC) records at godaddy for each domain. That was a few hours back and neither of them are verifying. Have tripled checked the correct Token was added to the record.

I don't want to have to set up email for either.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

As a side - I don't believe I should have to pay support for this. I am paying enough for all the services, and at the end of the day I am following the Azure instructions. Was it ever user tested?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

<p>Expression MVP</p> <p></p> <p>my blog : <a href="http://brennonwilliams.com">http://brennonwilliams.com</p> </a>

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 3:22 PM

All replies

• I'm not quite following you - did you buy the SSL certs or domains in Azure or both? Or did you buy any of them separately from GoDaddy? You shouldn't need to configure email for this to work.

Is there a specific error message you are getting?

Either way - I have had domains hosted by GoDaddy verified in Azure (regardless of SSL), so it should work. Though there has been times where it has taken some time for the DNS changes to properly propagate through the systems.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017 3:51 PM
  • I believe the process for verification has changed recently, but the instructions have not been updated. The txt record now needs to be created in the root domain with a host name of @, not using the DZC zone anymore.

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

• Edited by SamCoganMVP Tuesday, April 04, 2017 4:21 PM
    • Proposed as answer by mjenzen Sunday, May 07, 2017 11:55 PM
    Tuesday, April 04, 2017 4:21 PM
  • >>but the instructions have not been updated. 

I found that the instruction in the Azure Portal to add a TXT record with the value "*.domain.com" does not work YOU MUST USE THE VALUE @.

So, MSFT, maybe you should look at updating the instructions. 

Sunday, October 29, 2017 9:23 PM