How to edit RolloverLink ? RRS feed

• Question

• User1814688017 posted

I would like to change some of the buttons to a different style to differ from the 'site button'.

This is whatI've tried:

1.) Changed the "RolloverLink" to "LinkButton" (in attempt to add a CssClass) but it makes a site error.

2.) Opened the App_Code file > RolloverButtons.vb . messed around with some items, but I don't know what to do with it so it gave me a site error. re-set the page.

3.) Tried applying a CssClass="style" to the line (with RolloverLink still there), but that only kind of works and is not a true fix.

I am not familiar with working in VB so is there something special I must do? It is obviously calling for the "RolloverLink" specifically.

example line of code:
    <Club:RolloverLink ID="edit" runat="server" NavigateURL="~/member/details.aspx" Text="My Details" /> 

Please understand that I am wanting only certain buttons to change and keep the others the same. How do I style this?

Thank you! m.

Friday, July 20, 2007 9:59 PM

Answers

• User-1563988197 posted

Go back to number 1. To change buttons from rollover to regular you HAVE to change the tag prefix.

<Club:RolloverLink... becomes <asp:HyperLink...

and

<Club:RolloverButton... becomes <asp:LinkButton....

Change that an your are good to go.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2007 11:51 PM

All replies

• User-1563988197 posted

Go back to number 1. To change buttons from rollover to regular you HAVE to change the tag prefix.

<Club:RolloverLink... becomes <asp:HyperLink...

and

<Club:RolloverButton... becomes <asp:LinkButton....

Change that an your are good to go.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2007 11:51 PM
  • User1814688017 posted

AH! Thank you! (I was so close!) I wasn't sure if it would affect the control by changing it. This works perfectly! [:D]

Saturday, July 21, 2007 11:45 AM
  • User-1563988197 posted

Cool. Glad to hear it worked.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:26 PM
  • User1814688017 posted

Sorry, I'm re-opening this. So...

I tried this:

1.) Took this line: <Club:RolloverLink ID="edit" runat="server" NavigateURL="~/member/details.aspx" Text="My Details" />

Turned it into this line: <asp:LinkButton ID="edit" runat="server" NavigateURL="~/member/details.aspx" Text="My Details" />
    Result: button does nothing. (I thought it worked when I first tried it though..hmmm ?). So it doesn't exactly 'break' the site I guess... now...

I took this line (next down):   <Club:RolloverLink ID="manageusers" runat="server" NavigateURL="~/admin/ManageUsers.aspx" Text="Manage Users" />
    Rurned it into this: <asp:LinkButton ID="manageusers" runat="server" NavigateURL="~/admin/ManageUsers.aspx" Text="Manage Users" /> 

*Screenshot of error here:  http://mollybean.com/images/error_club_rolloverbutton-editing.jpg

example code:

<Club:WebContent ID="WebContent1" Section="Welcomeback" runat="server" />
                            <Club:RolloverLink ID="edit" runat="server" NavigateURL="~/member/details.aspx" Text="My Details" />
                            <Club:RolloverLink ID="manageusers" runat="server" NavigateURL="~/admin/ManageUsers.aspx" Text="Manage Users" />
                            <Club:RolloverLink id="sendemail" runat="server" text="Send Email" NavigateURL="~/Admin/Email.aspx" />
                            <Club:RolloverLink id="logout" runat="server" text="Log off" onclick="logout_click" />
                        </LoggedInTemplate>
                    </asp:LoginView>

----

This happens when I edit ANY of the other buttons in this group too. I'm sure as well as others all over the site linked like this.

Now, the <asp:LinkButton... is actually likable in the code, but ' NavigateURL="" ' is not liked as an element of the <asp:LinkButton /> Do I need this to be an 'OnClick="" ' but then this leaves me re-writing a bunch of stuff. hmm...

any suggestions now? I appreciate your help. m.

Saturday, July 21, 2007 2:26 PM
  • User-1563988197 posted

LOOK AT MY LAST POST. RolloverLink Is A HYPERLINK NOT A LINKBUTTON. IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU CHANGE THE ROLLOVERLINK TO LINKBUTTON!!!!!!!!!!

<Club:RolloverLink... TUNS INTO <asp:Hyperlink...

Saturday, July 21, 2007 8:13 PM
  • User1814688017 posted

maybe you could be more clear.

I changed the prefix of <Club:RolloverLink Id="...".....  to <asp:RolloverLink Id="..."..... 

i get a parser error.  

I guess I see what you are saying that the CLUB:RolloverLink turns into an ASP:Hyperlink...you keep saying this and I'm not sure what exactly to do with the knowledge.

Here is where I'm at.  

1) it won't let me add a CssClass (doesn't use it)

2) it won't let me change the prefix CLUB to ASP (doesn't like it - I get an error on the line i changed)

In VS 2005 it is also telling me that "RolloverLink" is not a known element. And something about how this can happen if there is a compilation error. Not sure if this is relevant to my topic.

Anyway, I appreciate your help.  m.

Friday, August 3, 2007 11:44 AM