Issues in restoring ReportServer DB from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1148431695 posted

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade reporting services for my project from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008 R2. I have already taken backup of ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB databases and the encryption keys in Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

The database is also restored successfully in SQL Server 2008 R2. Since reporting services was not installed in SQL Server 2008 R2, I have installed it separately and noticed that "Install but do not configure report server" was the only option available during the installation process.

After this, when I open Reporting Services Configuration Manager to change the report server DB, and select the restored ReportServer DB, the report mode is showing as "unknown" instead of "Native". Due to this, I am unable to restore SSRS.

It would be great if someone can guide me on what is missing and how it can be corrected.

Thanks,

Sunday, December 14, 2014 11:23 PM

Answers

• User1759999623 posted

What you should have done was to install SQL Server 2008R2 Reporting Services with its database, and then after comparing the database table structures for both, you can import the data from the SQL Server 2005 ReportServer database to the SQL Server 2008R2 ReportServer.

There are quite a few changes between SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008R2 Reporting Services, so there will like be some differences in the structures of their ReportServer database.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 15, 2014 3:20 AM

All replies