none
Why would ISA Header Segment have the correct parties, but GS segment does not? RRS feed

• Question

• This is an example of the data coming out of a SendPort with the EDI Pipeline. 

ISA*00*          *00*          *ZZ*ABCDEFGPLUMBING*ZZ*MYCOMPANY    *170420*1150*U*00401*000000005*0*T*:
    GS*PO*BTS-SENDER*RECEIVE-APP*170420*1150*5*T*00401

Where it says BTS-SENDER I need it to say ABCDEFGPLUMBING and RECEIVE-APP should be MYCOMPANY. 
    How do I configure this? 

I was reading this page

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb246018%28v=bts.20%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

and it says: 
    This page of the EDI Properties dialog box is displayed by right-clicking a party in the Parties node of the BizTalk Server Administration Console, clicking EDI Properties, and then clicking GS and ST Segment Definition under the X12 PropertiesParty as Interchange Receiver, and X12 Interchange Envelope Generation nodes in the console tree

I defined my parties and 850 agreement in the Parties node.  But I don't see "EDI Properties" or any mapping for the GS segment values. 

Thanks,
    Neal Walters 

Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:27 PM

Answers

• This is because you do not have a matching Envelopes entry.

Parties->Agreement->You to Them->Transaction Set Settings->Envelopes

You need a matching entry for the outbound schema.  Then you can set GS elements.

• Proposed as answer by Girish R. Patil Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Neal Walters Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:06 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:40 PM

All replies

• This is because you do not have a matching Envelopes entry.

Parties->Agreement->You to Them->Transaction Set Settings->Envelopes

You need a matching entry for the outbound schema.  Then you can set GS elements.

• Proposed as answer by Girish R. Patil Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Neal Walters Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:06 PM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:40 PM
  • Thanks, that got me in the right direction, and jogged my memory since last time I did this. 

Do you have to restart host instances.  Seems like I changed it, and it didn't take at first. 

I have included a screen shot below in case it helps someone with this in the future. 
    NOTE: You have to scroll right to see the GS2, GS3, GS4, etc... columns - that's why it's not easy to find them. 

Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:06 PM
  • Is there some case where you would have a different Sender/Receiver in GS than in ISA?  if so, when would that case occur? 

Neal 

Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:24 PM
  • Actually, the Application Receiver Code and Application Sender Code are almost always different from the Interchange Receiver and Interchange Sender values.

I don't recall any instance where they've been the same.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:51 PM
  • I'm trying to match an existing EDI file we have here, and they are the same. 
    Maybe one is the VAN and the other is the ultimate supplier/customer? 

Neal 

Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:32 PM
  • No, they just made them the same.  There's nothing wrong with it, just unusual.
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:12 PM