Reserved app name for upgrading version of windows phone app RRS feed

• Question

• I have public windows phone app with version 1.0

- Now I have to do version upgrade to version 2.0 for the same app and users should get notifications for the same.

- Should I use the same reserved app name as version 1.0 or use another app name for version 2.0

- What will happen if I submit app with version 2.0 and the same app name?

- Do I have to use another app name for next version? Or same app name will work?

Thanks

Sunday, January 4, 2015 7:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Galande,

When you are updating your app you can keep the same app name and just increase the version number if you that is what you want to do.  You do have the ability to change the name as well.  The option is completely up to you.

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 8:33 PM
  • Thanks Miles,

When I updated my Public app in windows phone store from Version 1.0 to Version 2.0, I am not seeing Version 1.0 XAP. It should actually show both 1.0 XAP and 2.0 XAP. Version 1.0 is replaced by Version 2.0.

• Edited by Galande Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:59 AM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:58 AM
  • Hello Galande,

When you replace your 1.0 package with the 2.0 package it will erase the 1.0 package so you will
    not see it any longer.

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:12 PM
  • Miles, but I did not select replace; I selected "Add New" and added new xap with Version 2.0, also both the xaps were present when I uploaded package. But version 2.0 xap replaced 1.0 xap and now only 2.0 is published to the users. How is it going to affect 1.0 users? 

Is it something like, when you update app for same windows platform, it replaces the xap?

But when I tested in Beta store, updating version with "Add New" I could see both the xaps like 2.0 as well as 2.1

• Edited by Galande Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:40 AM
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:17 AM
  • If you did't change your app name, only update current App, user should always download latest version you upload.

If you using different name in store, you will got 2 different app and Download count, Information, comment...etc

Monday, January 19, 2015 1:02 PM
  • Thanks THKAW. Can I upload the same xap with another Dev Center ID?
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 10:57 AM