none
Question about Revision identifier RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i'm a graduate student who is working on a research about document file forensics.

I have question about "revision identifier" in word document. (docx)

I understand the concept of revision identifier but I still cannot find the method how the revision identifier generated or created.

I learned that it is a random unique number, but I find out that if the word document is open (process is on) while another word document is created, then another word document's revision identifier has same value as the original one. I think revision identifier is related to process. Please let me know more information about revision identifier.

Thank you.

Friday, August 11, 2017 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi maxjoun,

What is "revision identifier"? Do you mean "Revision number" shown in Statistics of document Properties?

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:56 AM
  • Hello,

Is Revision number you want to get or set? Could you please share your steps here to reproduce the issue?

This forum is for development issues when using Word Object Model. What do you want to do?  Do you want to get or set the revision number programmatically?

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 14, 2017 9:27 AM