none
Prevent repeated world map when you zoom out RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone knows of a way that will prevent the map from repeating itself? I do want to be able to scroll but let saw I increase the window size I want the map to scale with that so that when I zoom all the way out the world map fits nicely in the window. Whenever I zoom out I get a repeated tile like this.

I have looked at this page about tile resizing but not sure if it will work.

• Edited by Jack Thor Monday, May 11, 2015 10:52 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 10:04 PM

Answers

• There is no option to prevent the world wrap. In the past, earlier version of Bing Maps only provided a single map and that caused a lot of headaches, especially for people who wanted to draw lines that crossed the international date line. In version 7 Bing maps introduced the world wrap and the number of complaints dropped significantly.

All that said, there really shouldn't be an issue with the map wrapping like this. If it is really an issue there is a hack that could be done which would consist of hiding parts of the map view, however this would not prevent the map from spinning around or from data showing up on other parts of the map and would likely cause more issues.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Jack Thor Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:07 PM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:31 AM